Friday, December 18, 2009

Do I Need to Worry About Uly?


The other day I came home and found that Uly had made himself a scrapbook page--as a momento marking a major milestone in his young life:



I guess while I was gone, Uly got an entire box of snaps--you know the kind you throw on the ground on the Fourth of July--and combined all the snaps into one package, and then somehow detonated it. Nate was in the basement and came rushing upstairs when he heard noise like a gunshot. Nate said that at least Uly was smart about it and made sure the package was a safe distance away in the backyard. Anyway Uly was so pleased with the results, he saved the packaging, and commemorated the event with his scrapbook page (for the non-existent scrapbooks I keep).

Then today I got an email from Uly's teacher:

Uly, during the spelling test asked, “Why doesn’t everyone be naughty so we would all get coal and solve our fuel crisis?” Too smart for his own britches?

Well, I guess I won't really worry until he asks for the Anarchist's Cookbook for Christmas.



6 comments:

Brooke said...

Hilarious!! I love that he preserved the memory. lol

Greg and Leigh said...

oh I love that kid...thanx for the good laugh!!

Unknown said...

Funny kid!

M. Moore said...

I'm pretty sure that Uly could take the ACTs right now and score higher than I did in college. What a brainiac!!!

Ashley Whimpey: The One with the Fairy Dust said...

That kid kills me. The last time I saw him I had just returned from living in Boston for the summer. He said, "Did you get to see M.I.T.?!!" I showed him the MANY pics of the school that I took. He said, "I'm going there to study molecular biology." (I think that's what he wanted to study. . .whatever "ology" it was, it was one that I didn't know a single thing about.) He will be top of his class at M.I.T.! Probably in the next few years!!!

Mindy said...

What a funny story, Ash. Thanks for sharing.